Tuesday 18 January 2011

Digipak Sketchs

First Design Ideas

This the design for the front and back cover. As can see I have kept it quite simple with the layout of text and images. I want the images to be black and white as I feel that they will bring a serious mood to the CD, as it will be a first release the CD needs to be focused on the artist more than anything else. As it is a way of promotion as well as the video and magazine insert poster.The layout I have tried to imitate what a normal CD album would look like, with the content shown on the back and a bar code in the bottom left corner.

















The insert of the CD shall act as sleeves for the CD. So I have put headings for each CD in the same font as the title on the front to keep a nice flow with the house style of the DigiPak. I have left the back grounds plain as don't want much to distract the audience.

















The booklets cover will show two images of the artist and shall be edited and cropped to fit the square shape of the DigiPak. This is so that it grabs the attention of the audience and catches there eye.
















The inside of the booklet shall be laid out so that there is one page with lyrics on and on the opposite there shall be an image of the artist and alternate from page to page.

















Second Design

I decided to keep the front cover the same because I think it does work well with how the layout is. The back cover i have decided to take away the content and just be left with the image and bar code. I chose this layout because with the digipaks that I had analysed I noticed they didn't have content written anywhere on the cover and just kept it more visual than having writing all over the cover.
















The Insert I thought I would ad something more to it, as my other design was kept more simple. With this I want to add some graphics so that the page isn't so bare with just writing on it. I want to use tree brush and some birds as I think that they will go well with the theme of the digipak which shows more of the kind of genre that it is categorised in which is acoustic and is very mellow and I think trees and birds represent this.

















The booklets cover I thought I would take away the images and replace with possibly and less distracting layout and more simple and easy on the eye. So on the front will take the title on the CD cover and onto the front and also the tree from the insert onto the back so that everything links together more and still follows the house style of the digipak.
















On the first page of the digipak will be the contents of it as they won't be on the back of the CD so it will placed in the booklet so the audience still know what is on the CD's. The rest of the pages will be similar to my first ideas and have a alternative layout of lyrics and image opposite to each other so there is some repetitiveness. Though I want all the images to be black and white so that the house style still flows well.

















My second design of the digipak is more strong in how it follows the house style and will flow a lot better. Which shall look a lot better than my first thoughts on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment